220 JPG | 1200x1600 pixels | 101 MB
- She live in Latvia, in very beautiful place with wild nature. The forest and sea... The nature around her give much inspiration for works. All her life is about to making something with hands. Really handmade life! This is her second shop in Etsy. In the main shop you will find books, journals, albums from wood,fabric and leather.
765 HQ JPG Images | 2414x3000 | 211 MB
- Gil Elvgren (March 15, 1914 – February 29, 1980), born Gillette Elvgren, was an American painter of pin-up girls, advertising and illustration. Elvgren was one of the most important pin-up and glamour artists of the twentieth century. Today he is best known for his pin-up paintings for Brown & Bigelow. Elvgren studied at the American Academy of Art.
Sotheby's Auction Lots - Paris Modern Art
453 JPG Art Works of 68 Artists and Painters | up to 4000x3060 | 308 MB
- School of Paris (French: Ecole de Paris) refers to three distinct groups of artists: a group of medieval manuscript illuminators, and a group of non-French artists working in Paris before World War I, and a similar group of artists living in Paris between the two world wars and beyond. The School of Paris describes, not an art movement or a learning institution, but instead is more indicative of the importance of Paris as a center of Western art in the early decades of the 20th century.
- The group of non-French artists in Paris before World War I created in the styles of Post-Impressionism, Cubism, and Fauvism, and includes artists like Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall, Amedeo Modigliani, Piet Mondrian and French artists like Pierre Bonnard, Henri Matisse, Jean Metzinger and Albert Gleizes.
- Many of these same artists, plus Jean Arp, Amedeo Modigliani, Robert Delaunay, Sonia Delaunay, Joan Miro, Constantin Brancusi, Raoul Dufy, Rene Iche, Tsuguharu Foujita, Emmanuel Mane-Katz; the Artists from Belarus, including Chaim Soutine, Michel Kikoine, Pinchus Kremegne, Ossip Zadkine, Jacques Lipschitz; the Russian prince born in Saint Petersburg Alexis Arapoff, and others worked in Paris between World War I and World War II, in various styles including Surrealism and Dada. A significant group of Jewish artists working together came to be known as the Jewish School of Paris. This group included Mané-Katz, Soutine, Marc Chagall, Moise Kisling, and Jules Pascin.
- After the Second World War the term School of Paris often referred to Tachisme, Lyrical Abstraction, the European equivalent of American abstract expressionism and those artists are also related to Cobra. Important proponents were Jean Dubuffet, Pierre Soulages, Nicolas de Staël, Hans Hartung, Serge Poliakoff, Bram van Velde, Georges Mathieu and Jean Messagier, among others.
Pal Fried, Born in Budapest, 1893–1976, Hungarian - American Artist
92 RGB JPG Images | <3550x4437 | 33 MB
PAL FRIED: Pal Fried studied at the Hungarian Academie under Professor Hugo Pohl and in Paris under Claude Monet and Lucien Simone. Under Pohl's influence, he executed many portraits, nudes and Oriental scenes in pastel. He was also greatly influenced by the French Impressionist School of Renoir and Degas. His works are listed in the Fine Arts Book. Fried's signature on his paintings was Fried Pal, last name first in the European manner. He is sometimes listed in auction catalogues and reference books erroneously under the letter "P".
While traveling in Spain and Africa, Pal Fried widened and enriched his palette, which gave him mastery of light and movement. After returning to Paris, Fried concentrated on portraiture in which he also became a recognized master. He exhibited his work in Müücsarnok in Budapest. In 1947, after WW II, he emigrated to America where he taught at the Academy of Arts in New York and developed his own unique style and technique. In the 1950's and 60's, Pal Fried gained popularity while living and painting in Hollywood. He made the rounds and often painted high society women and celebrities like Marilyn Monroe and the Gabor sisters. In New York, he painted portraits of Herbert Lehman (Governor and Senator from New York), Will Rogers and other notables.
Fried, an artist of the Hungarian school, worked with pastels and oil paints. He was known for being an important figure painter, and most often depicted beautiful young women, nudes, ballerinas, Parisian society women, western scenes, horse racing, and an occasional seascape. His artwork has gained much deserved recognition and notoriety and has become highly collectible. Many of his paintings hung in the famed Haussner Restaurant in Baltimore, Maryland.
Pal Fried died in New York City at his home, 1737 York Avenue, on March 6, 1976, at the age of 82. He died four days after the death of his beloved wife, Eva.
178 UHQ & HQ JPG Paintings | Up to 7444x5811 Pixels | 161 MB
Born: July 29, 1817 in Feodosiya, Crimea | Died: May 5, 1900 (aged 82) at Feodosiya, Crimea
Nationality: Armenian Russian | Field: Painting, Drawing | Movement: Romanticism
ArchiCG.Plants - Bonsai 4interior v.1
3ds Max 2010 or higher, Vray 1.5 File Format | MAX (Vray), OBJ, FBX
Compressed to 2.3 GB | Uncompressed size: 12.5 GB
Unique design | Organic models with natural looks
Totally modeled - no alpha leaves | Optimized mesh
Great Pin-Up Collection | Seperated and Indexed
- Pin-up, Pin-up (English to pin up - pin, that is, poster, pin up on the wall) - popular in the middle of the last century, American style of popular art - frivolous pictures with pretty girls. These images were created as follows: the artist took the black-and-white photographs of real centerfold and redraws them in color and more attractive way. Although the public eventually saw only embellished pictures of models, some of them getting through them celebrities and sex symbols.
Harper's Pictorial History of the Civil War
Authors: Alfred H. Guernsey and Henry M. Alden
- This facsimile edition of the original work published in 1869 provides a treasure trove of primary-source material for any researcher. The number of details mentioned lends immediacy for today's people. Military, political, and social issues are thoroughly discussed. Maps, black-and-white illustrations, and portraits add further interest and appear on nearly every page. Footnotes appear in smaller print on the same page as their reference. A wonderful, comprehensive, oversized resource.
Detroit Publishing Company - Touring Turn of The Century America 1880-1920
- This collection of photographs from the Detroit Publishing Company Collection includes over 873 glass negatives and transparencies & color photolithograph prints, mostly of the eastern United States. The collection includes the work of a number of photographers, one of whom was the well known photographer William Henry Jackson.
5214 RGB JPG Grayscale Images | <4048x3969 Pixels | Total: 8.14 GB
- 30 Days of Night was a three-issue miniseries that jump-started the careers of writer Steve Niles and artist Ben Templesmith. Vampires flock to Barrow, Alaska, where the sun sets for about 30 days, allowing them to feed without the burden of sleep to avoid lethal sunlight. When the vampire elder Vicente learns of this plan, he travels to Barrow to end the feeding, in order to preserve the secrecy of vampires. Because of the cold, the vampires' senses are weakened and a few of the town's residents are able to hide. One such resident is Sheriff Eben Oleson, who saves the town by injecting vampire blood into his veins. He uses his enhanced strength to fight Vicente, saving the lives of the few remaining townspeople, including his wife Stella. Suffering the same weakness as all vampires, Eben allows himself to die and turns to ash when the sun rises.
Natural landscapes on Canvases of Russian Artists, 139 Paintings HQ
139 JPG Canvases with Artist's Names | <3185x1144 Pixels | 179 MB
L'art Arabe: The Art of Arabic after the Monuments of Cairo, 17th Century
d'apres les monuments du Kaire depuis le VIIe siecle jusqu'a la fin du XVIIIe par Prisse d'Avennes
212 UHQ JPG Scans | 2600x3600 Pixels | 374 MB
Author: Prisse d'Avennes | Title: L'art arabe d'apres les monuments du Kaire depuis le VIIe siecle jusqu'a la fin du XVIIIe
Publisher: Paris: Ve A. Morel et Cie. | Year: 1877 | In French
- "L'art Arabe", a rare collection of breathtaking set of plates (wood engraving, heliogravures and color lithographs) of the famous Islamic-Arab designs and ornaments published by the French art historian Prisse d'Avennes sometime during 1869 after buying them from the sixty or so French artists who accompanied Napoleon Bonaparte on his compaign against Egypt in 1798. Those selective group of artists were assigned by the Emperor to illustrate the art treasures of rare architectural ornament (tiles, wood carvings, paintings on walls and ceilings, woven hangings), carpets, paper appliques and illuminated books.
157 HQ JPG Images | <3401x2512 Pixels | 255 MB
- Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (Dutch pronunciation: 15 July 1606– 4 October 1669) was a Dutch painter and etcher. He is generally considered one of the greatest painters and printmakers in European art history and the most important in Dutch history. His contributions to art came in a period of great wealth and cultural achievement that historians call the Dutch Golden Age, when Dutch Golden Age painting, although in many ways antithetical to the Baroque style that dominated Europe, was extremely prolific and innovative.
- Having achieved youthful success as a portrait painter, Rembrandt's later years were marked by personal tragedy and financial hardships. Yet his etchings and paintings were popular throughout his lifetime, his reputation as an artist remained high, and for twenty years he taught many important Dutch painters.Rembrandt's greatest creative triumphs are exemplified especially in his portraits of his contemporaries, self-portraits and illustrations of scenes from the Bible. His self-portraits form a unique and intimate biography, in which the artist surveyed himself without vanity and with the utmost sincerity.
- In his paintings and prints he exhibited knowledge of classical iconography, which he molded to fit the requirements of his own experience; thus, the depiction of a biblical scene was informed by Rembrandt's knowledge of the specific text, his assimilation of classical composition, and his observations of Amsterdam's Jewish population. Because of his empathy for the human condition, he has been called "one of the great prophets of civilization."