435 Scanned Pages | Optimized JPGs | 6658x9581 Pixels | 3.43 GB
- Birds of America - an album with pictures of birds in North America, a life-size, made ??the American naturalist John J. Audubon. Published parts of Edinburgh and London from 1827 to 1838. The first edition (180-200 copies) acknowledged masterpiece of book production and great rarity. "Birds of America" is the most expensive printed book ever sold at auction. In 1807 Audubon perfected the technique of zoological illustration, using wire and twine learning to give spontaneous poses stuffed birds that served as his models. By 1820, he set out to illustrate all kinds of birds that live in North America. Unable to find financing in the U.S., 40-year-old naturalist has collected available to him in the illustrations, and in 1826 sailed to Britain, where he managed to interest the project several well-known engravers of the time. To increase the number of subscribers of publication, Audubon went to lecture in Paris. As a result, "Birds of America" ??signed by many ladies of high society, including Charles X and Queen Adelaide. Over 9 years of every one to two months, subscribers in tin boxes received 5 new illustrated sheets 99 to 66 cm total of 435 published sheet total cost of 175 guineas. In order to circumvent the law to provide free copies to public libraries, lists were not provided with the text. unique edition was extremely high quality illustrations of coloring which worked about fifty people. Prints half the size of the human growth of the hand painted watercolors, Audubon himself also used pastel and gouache. At a time when the photo just made ??the first steps, detailed engraved illustrations have been claimed by zoologists, so great was not only aesthetic, but also the scientific importance of the publication. Images of different absolute accuracy, to the same six species of birds Audubon sealed by now extinct.
TTC - Museum Masterpieces
The National Gallery, London
Taught by Catherine B. Scallen | Case Western Reserve University, Ph.D., Princeton University
24 lectures, 30 minutes/lecture | English | AVI | 4.3 GB
Professor Scallen is the perfect guide. Listening to her explicate these great works is like having a very smart friend, who also happens to be an expert in art, take you on a stroll through the gallery. Deeply learned, passionate about her subject, she has a rare gift for communicating the power of these great works, even if this is your first foray into the world of European painting. And if you already know and love these masterworks, Professor Scallen will surprise you with unexpected insights and keen observations that will help you see them with new eyes. Join Professor Scallen and see why the National Gallery, London is not only the pride of Great Britain, it's a treasure trove to be savored by anyone who appreciates fine art.
DVDRip | AVI / XviD 1301 Kbps | 560х416 | 29.97 fps | MP3 128 kbps | 7.27 GB
Language: English | Run Time: 24x30 min
- From Athena to Zeus, the characters and stories of classical mythology have been both unforgettable and profoundly influential. They have inspired and shaped everything from great art and literature, to our notions of sexuality and gender roles, to the themes of popular films and TV shows.
- Classical Mythology is an introduction to the primary characters and most important stories of classical Greek and Roman mythology. Among those you will study are the accounts of the creation of the world in Hesiod's Theogony and Ovid's Metamorphoses; the gods Zeus, Apollo, Demeter, Persephone, Hermes, Dionysos, and Aphrodite; the Greek Heroes, Theseus and Heracles (Hercules in the Roman version); and the most famous of all classical myths, the Trojan War.
- Classical archaeology—the excavation and analysis of ancient Greek and Roman sites—was born on Wednesday, October 22, 1738. On that day, Roque Joaquín Alcubierre, an engineer in the army of the Bourbon royal family in Naples, was lowered by ropes down a square well shaft cut through volcanic material that had formed on the slopes of Mount Vesuvius. When Alcubierre reached the bottom of the well, 65 feet below the surface, he began to wind his way through tunnels carved into the volcanic material, noting pieces of architectural elements as he went. This discovery became the first systematic study of the astonishingly intact ruins of the Roman city of Herculaneum, buried for 1,700 years in the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius. Alcubierre's recording of the artworks, colored marbles, inscriptions, lamps, and items of everyday life he discovered deep inside the earth marked the "Big Bang" of Classical archaeology—a quest to understand Greek and Roman culture through its material remains that continues to this day.
Graphic Design Cookbook: Mix & Match Recipes for Faster, Better Layouts
Leonard Koren & R. Wippo Meckler
142 Pages PDF | 39 MB
- With 100,000 copies sold, Graphic Design Cookbook is one of the most useful all-purpose resources for designers and anyone who wants to create a dynamic layout for magazines, newsletters, books, posters, and other media. Now released with a fresh new cover, its more than a thousand line drawings illustrate effective design devices, type treatments, spatial solutions, and pictorial presentations, allowing examination and comparison of various options in no time. The Graphic Design Cookbook can be opened to virtually any page for instant access to great ideas. As a catalyst for cooking up endless new design recipes, this classic goes on inspiring one generation of designers to the next.
2DArtist Magazines 2005-2013 Full Collection 92 Issues!
English | True PDF | 72 issue | 13 GB
CHOOSE YOUR MISSING ISSUE and DOWNLOAD!
- 2DArtist is the magazine for CG artists around the globe, whether you already work in 2D or are just getting started. Each issue is full of techniques, tutorials, interviews, articles, project overviews and galleries – providing the perfect platform from which to improve your 2D skills, learn from the professionals and get inspiration for your next project.
Got3D - Tree & Vine 90 Textures with Alpha Files
The collection consists of:Tree Textures - with Matching Alpha Textures.
5 Bush Textures, 38 Deciduous Tree Textures and 16 Winter Tree Textures.
Most Trees have a Texture Resolution around 2000 pixels.
All Tree Textures are saved in High Quality .JPG or .tga format.
- The Marcom Award is a majestic symbol of artistic strength and finesse. The award signifies the attention to detail and creative achievement of Platinum and Gold Winners. The unique casting is created by R.S. Owens, the same craftsmen that produce the Oscar®, Emmy® and MTV Awards. The award stands 13 inches tall on a hardwood base and is personalized with the winner's name and entry information.
Unlike most competitions, MarCom entrants do not subsidize awards for the winners. Instead of charging up to several hundred dollars per entry, competition organizers decided to keep entry fees at a fraction of that cost and let the winners buy their own awards. The result is more affordable entry fees and a higher quality piece of art that winners and their clients are proud to display in their homes and offices.
Winning a Marcom Award gives recognition to the creative talent, firms, departments and/or clients that collaborate on outstanding marketing and communication projects. Platinum Winners are recognized on the MarCom web site and in the next year's Call for Entries. In addition, winners and clients tout their awards through their news releases to local media and on their web sites, newsletters and print materials.
- Dima Dmitriev was born in Moscow, Russia, and is the second generation of artists in his family. He moved to Prague, Czech Republic, where he graduated from the Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design. As his paintings gained attention and praise at fine art exhibitions throughout Europe, Dima became one of the most talked about young artists living in Prague’s flourishing artistic community.
- Dima is the artistic name of painter Dmitri Dmitriev. He was born in Moscow, Russia. Dima is a second generation painter. He graduated from the Prague Institute of Arts. In 90th, Dima began to show his paintings at various fine art exhibitions and soon become one of the most talked about young artists living in Prague. Dima has participated in exhibitions held in the Czech Republic, Russia, Israel, Italy and Ireland. His paintings are in great demand and his worksis known to sell out, each exhibition.
- Dimas composition and style, although Impressionistic, seem to come alive and appear three dimensional. His works often include his three favorite subjects: children, nature and the sea. Dima works with oil on black canvas and paints with a palette knife.
- Some big international companies, for example, AT&T (USA), Vodafone (UK) or AWD Holding AG (Germany) have added his paintings to their art collections. As well as many private collectors from Czech Republic, USA, ,Spain, Germany, Russia, Switzerland, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Australia, Qatar, Dominican Republic and others.
Title: Atlas of human anatomy for the artist | Author: Stephen Rogers Peck
Format: PDF | Size: 98 Mb | Pages: 289 | Language: English