Palestine - Illustrated by Pen and Pencil [1900's Ottoman] by Reverend Samuel Manning
149 HQ True Color Scans in JPG | 3088x4218 Pixels | 170 MB
(From September 2005 to December 2013, All 100 Issues)
English | True PDF | 100 Issues | 15 GB
CHOOSE YOUR MISSING ISSUE & DOWNLOAD!
608 RGB JPG Images | 600x400 Pixels | 32 MB only
Ernst Haeckel; 1834 - 1919, German naturalist and philosopher. Pithecanthropus and Ecolog.
100 JPG Images | 2300x3300 Pixels | 180 MB
Ernst Haeckel, 1908: "The beauty of forms in nature" (German Kunstformen der Natur) - lithographic book by Ernst Haeckel. Originally published in the period from 1899 to 1904 in sets of 10 prints, full version of the 100 prints released in 1904. Many of the organisms depicted in the book were first described by Haeckel. Total based on sketches and watercolor sketches Haeckel was manufactured more than 1000 engravings, the best of which were selected for the book and translated into printed form lithographer Adolphe Giltchem. Said a student of Haeckel by Olaf Braydbaha, who was editor of new media "forms of beauty in nature", it "was not just a book with illustrations, but also a reflection of his views on the world." The forms of life were selected to demonstrate the perfection of their organization, ranging from naturalistic sketches of fish and ammonites to highly symmetrical medusae and microorganisms. At the same time each page was assembled in such a way to visually capture the maximum representatives of one species or family of living beings. Among the important pages can be noted that, which shows Radiolaria. Haeckel contributed to their popularity among fans microscopy, inserting in almost every set. Also common in the book pages with images goad, such as sea anemones, Siphonophorae, diskomeduzy and others. The first set included images of jellyfish Desmonema annasethe (= Cyanea annasethe), which Haeckel discovered and described soon after the death of his wife Anna Seth. The book had a great influence on art and architecture of the early XX century. In particular, many of modernism tried to reproduce some of those beautiful forms that were depicted Haeckel. Including, Rene Binet, Karl Blossfeldt, Hans Christiansen, Emil Galle. One notable example of such an effect may be called the Amsterdam Stock Exchange Berlage building, designed by Hendrik Petrus Berlage partly under the influence of "the beauty of forms in nature."
- Chinese tattoo master Hailin Fu is currently on his way back to China after an extended guest spot in Canada. He will be heading back to China to co-curate the "Death" art show with Damian McGrath of Tattoos.com opening end of October in Beijing. We will be posting information on Hailin's latest projects on this site as well as sharing videos and photos from his latest work. This site is a gateway to all of the social media channels as well as an archive of Hailin's tattoo and art work. Hailin Fu will have prints of his works on sale at the Calgary Tattoo and Arts Fesitival at the Tattoos.com booth Oct. 14th-16th. We will be updating this site in english mostly for what is going on outside of China when Hailin is traveling to western conventions or tattooing outside of asia. We will post videos of his work as Damian from Tattoos.com joins him for a month in China.
75 HQ JPG Images | Up to 2948x2545 Pixels | 30 MB
- Serge Marshennikov was born in 1971 in Ufa (Bashkiria, USSR). His grandfather was general manager of the horse breeding company, his father an electric engineer and his mother was in pre-school education For as long as he can remember, Serge always was drawing, painting and sculpting from any material he could get his hands on. His mother encouraged him to study and from an early age he had access to private teachers and art studios. After receiving several awards for his watercolor and pastel paintings, Serge decided to become a professional painter.
- In 1995 he finished the Ufa Art College and then continued education at one of the most prestigious art academies in the world, The Repin Academy of Fine Art in St. Petersburg, Russia. As one of the most talented graduates of the academy, Serge was offered the opportunity to stay for post-graduate studies at the studio of an Academician, Rector of the Academy, with Professor Milnikov.
- Serge’s first solo exhibition was in the gallery “Sangat” of his native UFA in 1995, the year of his graduation form the college. The show was a success and Serge was invited to exhibit at the Artists’ Union gallery. Since that time Serge exhibited on a semi-annual basis, showing his works to his collectors and piers in both St Petersburg and Ufa. Srege’s work caught the eye of a faculty of the Brownwood University in Texas and Hardin-Simmons University in Abilene, and Sergey during his post-graduation years exhibited during summers in the art departments of those Universities.
- Serge was awarded “Chairman’s Choice Award” at the 2008/2009 International Art Renewal Center’s salon, and received Certificate of Excellence for his outstanding achievement in art. He was chosen as “Top 30” in 2008 by the Portrait Society of America.
- Serge’s paintings are successfully sold through important art auctions, including famous Christie’s of London and Bonham's in Knightsbridge. His work is in much demand and his prices are constantly rising. Serge’s paintings held in the Museum of Modern Art (El Paso), in The Grace Museum (Abilene), and in many important private collections in Russia, England, Denmark, France and Japan.
- Serge’s biggest influences were Andrew Wyeth & Lucian Freud. From contemporary scene he likes works of Jeremy Lipking. Serge is married, has a 7 year old daughter.